Hello and welcome to Simone Aviv! I’m so excited to share with you all of the things that
make-up Simone Aviv and start a dialogue about living your most beautiful and confident life.
Simone Aviv began for me out of an endless feeling of frustration after years of trying to find clothing that would fit and flatter my body and continually coming up short. I started this brand with a vision to create beautiful clothing for real women, with real curves. I believe that the best
the thing you can wear is confidence and all of my pieces are designed to bring out the sexy and a sophisticated woman that lies within us all.
Three key components that make up my design process are fit, fabric, and fashion. Each of these guide every step in the creation and development of the brand. I wanted to take the opportunity with my very first blog post to share a few points to give you some additional insight to what makes Simone Aviv truly unique.
- I create every piece first in size 14, which is my size, so that I am able to wear and personally try out the fit of every single style. This ensures that the pieces are given a test run to make sure they stay in place, the tops hold in your chest while the bottoms and skirts don’t roll up or slide down.
- Once I am satisfied with the fit of a piece, I then create the correct patterns for each size above and below 14 taking into consideration the correct proportions. There is nothing worse than when a brand just creates one size and then expands without thought for coverage or fit in smaller and larger sizes. For example, for each size of crop top, I adjust the length of the fabric, not just the width, to ensure proper and flattering coverage. This extra step adds time to the process but means that when you get your size it will fit you as it should!
- Another key aspect of fit that I have give extra detail towards is recognizing that women’s bodies come in all different shapes and sizes. So I’ve created a range of styles to highlight and flatter all women. You can easily mix and match my pieces to create looks that work best for your body. Whether it’s combining my crop top with palazzo pants or tossing the floral bomber jacket on with your favorite jeans, I’ve created my line to work with your lifestyle!
- The fabric for every single style is carefully chosen based on the design of each piece. I often use thicker fabrics such as ponte and crepe that are high quality vs. spandex or other thin, cheaper materials. These thicker fabrics naturally help to smooth and sculpt ensuring you feel your best in every piece. With Simone Aviv, you won’t have the problem of pieces falling down or rolling in the wrong places, these fabrics help to keep clothes in place.
- I also utilize a liner layer in many of my pieces, especially my crop tops to actually allow you to wear them without wearing a bra which is often really hard to find with clothing created for women with curves. By adding a second layer of fabric you can ensure your chest won’t fall out and will be held securely and flatteringly in place allowing you to look and feel your best!
- One of the best things about Simone Aviv pieces are that they are made to last. Using high quality fabrics means that each style will maintain it’s shape over many many wears and washes. I believe shopping is making an investment in clothing that not only fits you but will last for a long time after you purchase it. There’s nothing worse than finally finding clothing that you like and that fits and then having it fall apart after a few wears!
- The heart of Simone Aviv is driven by the desire to not only create beautiful clothing for women with curves but to create clothing that makes you feel confident, sophisticated and sexy all at the same time. So much of the current plus size market seems to be leaning towards more revealing styles that don’t offer much in terms of coverage or flexibility for where you can wear the styles. Not all of us want to look like we are going to the club when we are going to the office! So my clothing is made for women who want to look put together while still showcasing their beautiful curves.
- Another guiding principle was to create a line of clothing that can be easily dressed up or dressed down simply by changing out one piece. All of the pieces in my line can be worn together and go from office to cocktails in just a few minutes. This was important to me as a woman who is always on the go and needs to be able to be ready for a business meeting one hour and then a meet up for dinner the next. By creating styles that are flexible and functional, I believe you get added value for every piece you purchase.
I am so grateful for your support of Simone Aviv and hope that this has given just a bit of additional insight into what makes this brand so special. I am here for you, so please don’t ever hesitate to send an email or reach out on social media with any questions you may have. Looking forward to sharing more with you on my new blog and can’t wait to continue the dialogue together!